April top adventures in Mandurah & the Peel Region
Looking for a quick getaway and some extraordinary adventures? Look no further than Mandurah & the Peel Region – experience trails with a view, best spots for houseboating, native and unique bushland, food and wine adventures and much more that will surprise you... the region is full of all sorts of adventures, just waiting for you!
Here are some insider tips, especially for you. Find great adventures and some secret spots that the locals wish you didn’t know about:
1. Magic Drakesbrook Weir: The warm weather is not over yet, so head to Drakesbrook Weir in Waroona. A beautiful secret spot, perfect for swimming, fishing, canoeing, picnic or barbecue, it can be explored all year around. The undulated hills provide a picturesque backdrop to this natural place with its shaded tables, free gas barbecues and public facilities. Drakesbrook Weir, also known as Drakesbrook Dam, is also a great spot for non-motorised sports as no power boats are allowed. This is a magical, secret spot that you will love and thank us for sharing it with you.
2. Travel back in time on-board the Vintage Dining Train: Experience a truly unique food and wine adventure on board the vintage train that will cruise you through the Peel Region’s magical jarrah forest… At Dwellingup Station, board the Restaurant Train complete with 1919 Vintage Dining Car and 1884 Club Car. Enjoy a delicious 5 course meal, served from the on-board wood stove, as the train meanders through the night forest which is softly floodlit from the train. You can enjoy this adventure every Saturday. Bookings are essential on 08 6278 1111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Hotham River Foreshore and Lions Weir: This is another beautiful secret spot of the Peel Region. Located in Boddington, just 50 minutes from Mandurah, you will find a majestic river foreshore with walks and a weir with a large open park space with gazebo and BBQs to enjoy a tranquil time with friends and family.
4. Mountain bike circuit Langford Park: If you enjoy biking, this is a great place for you... Just outside of Jarrahdale, a small historic town located 45 km south-east of Perth, Langford Park is a popular mountain biking destination for beginners and advanced riders alike due to the gradual hills and fast, flowing single track. You will find a 22km / 3 hour experience, with an undulating mixture of pea gravel and hard packed soil fire roads.
5. River Houseboating starting at Mandurah: This is a wonderful way to spend a long weekend with friends and family. Take your holiday home with you and explore the vast waterways and heritage listed wetlands. This is also a fantastic opportunity to get close to the wildlife of the Peel region. This unique type of vacation lets you get out in the wilderness, on the water, with no one else around but the people you feel comfortable with. It's like camping but way more awesome and more comfortable… This is a must-do adventure that you have to try if you are looking for something different.
Remember, the Peel Region is full of all sorts of adventures. You can have a relaxing break, a holiday full of adrenaline or experience a culinary adventure. Drive less, holiday more… We are just 45 minutes from Perth. Unleash your inner adventurer in WA's most diverse region – Mandurah, Dwellingup, Pinjarra, Serpentine, Jarrahdale, Waroona and Boddington are waiting for you to experience your next adventure.