St Albans Church and Marradong Cemetery

All that remains of the original town of Marradong is the tiny St Albans Anglican Church and Cemetery, est.1894.

Visitors are able to tour the interior of the church and visit the cemetery, both of which present superbly for heritage photography.

Location: Pinjarra Williams Road, Boddington WA 6390 Australia
Phone: (08) 9883 4999

Description

The site of the church and cemetary is approx. 1 km along the Pinjarra Williams Road. The foundation stone of the Church, which is still in excellent condition, was laid by one Mr Arthur Batt on 17th April, 1894.

Visitors may enter the church and view the historic jarrah flooring, timber and tin roof and old kerosene lamps (now wired) hanging from the roof trusses. The last service recorded was in September 2012. The cemetery, which is still in use today, sits immediately behind the church and takes in a beautiful view of the surrounding countryside.

Admission Prices | Free

Show comment form

Map

Share this webpage with your friends: