September 01, 2018
10:00am - 1:30pm
(08) 9246 3366
Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/recfishwest/
Book tickets online: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/troutfest-tickets-47905486600?aff=erelexpmlt
Freshwater fishing fun at TroutFest! Join RecFishWest to learn from WA's best freshwater fishers and help us maintain and enhance freshwater fishing by stocking thousands of trout into the dam.
- Freshwater fishing provides a unique opportunity to get outdoors, take in the serenity, calmness and beautiful landscape of WA’s South-west streams, rivers and dams and provides great fun and accessible locations for families to experience the joy of freshwater fishing.
- As we move into Spring Recfishwest is celebrating all things freshwater fishing with the launch of the annual TroutFest event kicking off at 10am on September 1.
- With the minister announcing a licence free weekend, it’s the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time together just in time for Father’s Day by helping RecFishWest release thousands of fish into the Drakesbrook Weir as part of a community stocking event.
- This is the second community stocking event, following the success of last year’s TroutFest
- As well as the fish release, TroutFest also includes Freshwater Fishing Tuition for all ages, an education display by Fisheries, Fly Casting, Freshwater Tackle & Rigging Information and Demonstrations and general fishing time for everyone to have a go at freshwater fishing for FREE.
- TroutFest plays a part of a carefully managed stocking program that has created a sustainable, recreational fishery in the region, funded by freshwater fishing licence revenue.
- TroutFest is a celebration of freshwater fishing and encourages families and friends to head to a regularly stocked waterway and experience what freshwater fishing is all about just in time for Fathers Day.
If families are unable to make it to Drakesbrook Weir, there is still plenty of other stocked locations where they can fish on the licence free weekend. These include: Harvey Dam, Waroona, Logue Brook Dam, Big Brook Dam, Warren River and Donelly River.